Sunday, May 29, 2011

Rockin' the House

OK so let me say from the start that I'm not a West-coast hater -- BC's great, got a bro in Alberta, and the Rockies rock.

But what the NHL is this?  Is this the fighting spirit of Vancouver?


I mean, I guess I can't mock a team that made it further in the playoffs than the Habs or the Leafs (not completely anyway), but then I don't really feel like I have to blindly support a team just because it's Canadian.  Kinda weird IMHO that some of us in the Great White North actually do feel that way -- after all, it's not the Olympics, folks.

On the other hand, with my track record, maybe my cheering them on will be the death blow.  Go Canucks!

In the Beth-news, this past week-after-chemo was pretty uneventful -- less lethargy and nausea than the last cycle.  On the down side, she's already gotten a sunburn on the top of her head and a little on her face from the small amount of sun we've had in the last two weeks.  It could be a long summer...

So how about that season finale of House, eh?

I have to say, not as dramatic as I thought it would be from the promos, but really fitting -- he was bound to crack at some point.  Hilarious and tragic at the same time.  The "two preganancies" subplot was pretty funny too, but not what you'd call a cliffhanger. 

It was so long since we'd seen him drive, though, it did seem weird that Wilson wasn't driving, especially since House was just out from major leg surgery.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xyXBGtly1A
(couldn't embed, so you gotta click)

Brilliant.  And could actually end there if they wanted to, or not.
Almost makes me overlook how everyone's been "glammed up" on the show this season.

No comments:

Post a Comment