Sunday, April 17, 2011

Awesome

I've been saving this one for a while, but it feels right to add a little AWESOME to this post:



It's the end of week two for my daughter, and other than a little tireness and a mouth sore or two, she's doing fine.  We're re-learning how to take care of her PICC line (daily flushes and weekly dressing changes) and getting support from all over. 

Actually, the amount of support we're getting is AWESOME but getting a little stressful too.  A home-visiting nurse to teach us, another nurse to network with Bethany's school and explain her disease to them, an Endocrinologist to see on Tuesday, her pediatrician wants to see her and get updated, all in addition to her ENT and oncologist. 


Yes, there can be too many nurses


And we were told that we'll be contacted by a social worker from the hospital on top of it, to offer a different kind of support.  With all the other "support" we're getting it'll be hard to say yes, though I'm sure we'd benefit from whatever therapeutic services she'd recommend.  I know I would.



So I think we've struck a deal around this "wish foundation" thing, since Beth seems to really want a dog.  She wishes for a nice trip (probably for Christmas break) and we'll consider buying a dog this summer.  That way we all get to enjoy the wish, and the dog is something we explore and negotiate. 

 Paris maybe?
 Hawaii?
 The Holy Land?

 Sound like we're being selfish parents?  You don't know what we went through with the first two dogs - the first a beagle-spaniel puppy who grew into a royal PITA, and the second a neurotic older beagle who everyone just got tired of.  We should probably have our heads examined just for considering dog #3, but for the context.

Oh and I just discovered this new AWESOME beer at the LCBO, out of Quebec - "Blanche de Chambly" - highly recommend it.  I'd try to describe it, but then I'd sound like the label, which is just not cool.  Just try it - I know I'm stocking up for the summer.


After jixing the Pats before the NFL playoffs, dare I say "go Habs"?
I can't resist, after beating the Bruins the first two games - and in Boston nonetheless.
I'll let game two speak for itself:

No comments:

Post a Comment