Saturday, April 23, 2011

Docs III

This morning lying in bed, feeling my aging back and listening to my tinnitus, I remembered a funny bit from Louis CK on turning 40 (WARNING, PG-13 content! And this is mild CK material, so if you go looking for other clips be warned!):



Reminds me a little of getting checked out for heart palpitations a couple years ago, finding out that I have a couple of "prolapses" (mitral and tricuspid) which basically means a couple of valves can't get their act together.  I was relieved I had no heart disease, but the doc basically said, "yeah, you have these things wrong with your heart but you're fine".



Bethany update:  really nothing new to report, which is always nice.  She met with an endocrinologist earlier in the week who basically said her endocrine system seems fine - unaffected by the LCH so far.  The second cycle of chemo-for-one-week-and-two-weeks-off is coming up next week, but she managed the first cycle well so we're hopeful.

PhD update:  seems like my options in the Toronto area include U of T, Ryerson, and York.  I have til the fall to decide (since I won't be starting this year) so the next step is to ask around about the colleges and visit/meet with program reps. 


 Not being a native Torontonian I have no bias, except that I really don't want a program that only has the really dry psychology research (mice, brain studies, that kind of thing).  Probably a program that allows for the study of kids and mental health treatment, which is my forte.

A promotional video from Children's Mental Health Ontario (in honour of children's mental health week, May 2-6):

  

No comments:

Post a Comment